Monday 3 June 2013

Oh so Pinteresting: The FitSugar 'Anywhere' Workout


I am an absolute Pinterest addict!

It's the site I turn to when I need something to amuse or inspire me, when I want new baking ideas, or when I need to plan my (imaginary) wedding, or my (imaginary) dream house (and also when I'm avoiding doing uni work :p).

I can spend hours just browsing Pinterest, and I always find so many things to re-pin, especially when it comes to their 'Health + Fitness' section!

I've got a HUGE board titled 'Move, Nourish, Believe!' (inspired by Lorna Jane, of course!) which is absolutely filled with great workout ideas, weight loss tips, and clean eating recipes.

But, like most of us Pinterest addicts, I end up pinning far more things than I actually have time to try!

So recently I got to thinking that I should make a little more of an effort to actually do some of the workouts that I pin on Pinterest! Here's what I chose to start with:

The fitsugar "Anywhere" Workout!

Daily bodyweight workout- great to try!
I've taken this image from Pinterest, originally pinned from fitsugar.com :)
I really loved the look of this workout, because it's something that I can do absolutely anywhere, with very little space required, and when I have very little time available! I also love that this workout helps me to tone up at home, when I don't have time to get to the gym, or when I have a 'walking' exercise day- with this workout and my regular walking, I know that I'm getting an all-over workout!

This workout is one which will seriously tone up your midsection, and will really improve your core strength and will help with lower-body toning too!

Yesterday, I started with Monday's workout, and boy was it hard! I looked at what was required and thought, oh yeah I can totally do that! Turns out my core strength isn't quite as good as I thought!

The two side planks to start with nearly killed me, and I had to make sure I kept an eye on my watch so that I didn't quit early! The regular plank wasn't much better, but I got there in the end, and I could really feel it working! The lunges were great, I could feel the burn! ;) Then I had to look up 'how to do a burpee' on YouTube, because I had no idea what it was!

Turns out the idea is to get down on the floor, flat on your stomach, then jump back up as quickly as possible before jumping up into the air with your arms raised, and doing it all again. Great fun! ;)

I'm now really looking forward to trying out the Tuesday workout later on today! Push-ups... Hmm... I haven't done a push up in MONTHS! Here goes nothing :p

What are some of your favorite workouts that are easy to fit in at home? I'd love to hear some new ideas!

By the by, if you'd like to follow/find me on Pinterest, you can look me up! Just search 'Emma Burns,' and I shouldn't be too hard to find! My user name is emgem707. I'd love to follow you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment