Wednesday 22 May 2013

Just Like a Holiday...

Only not quite as good!

So my parents are away at the moment- in Singapore!

The lucky duo are spending a long weekend over there, and won't be back until Tuesday next week (hopefully with a few pressies for my sisters and I, but that's a story for another day ;D)

While this is absolutely lovely for them, it does mean that the manbeast and I had to spent last night house/babysitting at my parents place last night.

Their house is a beautifully modern single-story place on a lifestyle block in what is essentially the middle of nowhere, so it wasn't too much of a challenge to do the house-sitting part :p

As for the babysitting part, we were keeping my youngest sister company (she's 17, and MUCH taller than I am, so there wasn't all that much sitting going on :p), because she hates being on her own at night. I can relate! A year or so ago, when the manbeast spent the week in Auckland for work, I went to stay at my parents place. That said, we live next door to a drug dealer and across the road from members of a well-known gang... So I can kinda justify it ;)

So my parents' house is an absolutely lovely place to stay, but I had the worst sleep last night! I just kept waking up every hour or so and I'm super sleepy now!

In order to remedy the situation, I jumped out of bed and made myself a smoothie, my favorite! This one was made with a banana, some frozen blueberries, 2 cups of coconut water and a little almond milk, all courtesy of mum and dad's pantry ;) Don't look at me like that- free food is the best kind of food! Don't act like y'all don't agree with me ;)

I tried to take a picture of my smoothie for you guys, but the camera on my phone was playing up! It was doing it yesterday too, but seems to have fixed itself now. All you need to know is that my smoothie was tall, purple, frosty and delicious! So instead of today's breakfast, take a look at what I had yesterday:

 A delicious Mahana Red apple (just 1/2), chopped up and served with 2 tbs of lite Greek yoghurt, 2 tsp of ground flax and 1 tbs of almonds, and a piece of gluten free toast and almond butter! Totally delicious and filling.

Yesterday's lunch was leftover roast veggie salad, and before heading to rehearsals I had the other 1/2 of an apple spread with a little peanut butter and sprinkled with chia seeds. This was at 4ish, and I didn't end up getting back to my parents' place until 9pm! So nothing to have in between. Talk about starving!

When I got there, the manbeast and little sister had made a chili con carne with brown rice and lots of cheese. While this wasn't exactly clean eating, I wasn't going to complain! Especially that late at night, when someone else had cooked ;) So I avoided the cheese entirely, had a small serve of the chili, and sprinkled a little rice on top. I'll tell ya what, that hit the spot nicely!


I've just dropped my sister at school (much to her disgust), and I'm about to go and jump in the shower and get ready to head into town. I'm meeting a friend for lunch, who I haven't seen in ages, so that'll be nice :) He wants to go to a food court and "cheat on his diet," but there's no way I'm joining him in that! I know there's a great sushi place there called Maki Mono, so I'll be treating myself to one of their brown rice veggie sushi rolls. Nom!

I'm thinking I'll have a piece of toast with almond butter before I head off too, since I'm starting to feel my tummy rumble!

After lunch I'll be heading to a university class, so I'll take some apple slices to keep me going until I get home at about 5pm tonight :)

I can't wait to pop my iPod on when I get into town, and go for a walk to meet my friend! Hopefully that will distract me from the freezing cold weather we're having today!

Hope y'all are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment