Monday 20 May 2013

Keepin' it Clean at the Cafe!

So it's Tuesday, NZ time, and that means it's my weekend!

Working in retail and studying full-time means that I keep some very odd hours, but I'm just happy to have two days off in a row- the same days off that my manbeast has too!

The highlight of my day has definitely been going out for lunch with my lovely boyfriend, and spending the day walking around town :)

This morning didn't start off so well however- a nasty bout of nausea woke me up early and had me scrambling for a piece of gluten free toast and almond butter to help settle my tummy.

(I thought that I would find it hard to like almond butter at first- it's so different to peanut butter! But I have to say, that after a week or so of eating it, I've fallen in love with it! The only problem is that here in NZ it's not widely available. I know of only one brand which is sold here, and you end up paying around $10 for 200g! Talk about expensive. Still, it may be something that I start to shell out for a little more often now since it's so darn tasty, and healthy to boot!)

Thankfully that did the trick, and kept me feeling happy until manbeast and I got into town for our lunch date :)

We went to one of our favorite little cafe's on the Wellington waterfront, called Mojo. They do excellent coffee, and have really great food! I had my usual order of a soy latte (which had a cute heart on top!), and chose poached free range eggs on gluten free toast with organic tomato salsa, and a little basil in there too :) It was absolutely delish! And yes, it did mean that I've eaten three pieces of toast today, but I'm not too bothered, and it was the only item on the menu that I could order while being sure it was gluten free :)

After lunch the manbeast went to get his hair cut, and I took the opportunity to sneak in a little exercise and take a walk around the beautiful Wellington waterfront! Here are a few of the views that greeted me as I walked along:

Looking across the Wellington Harbour to Oriental Bay

The Boatshed, on the Frank Kitts' Lagoon, where one of my besties is having her wedding reception next year!

Looking across The Frank Kitts' Lagoon to downtown Wellington

I absolutely love the city that I live in! It's such a visually stunning area, especially around the harbours and the hills, and it's filled with amazing little cafes, restaurants, bars, boutique and vintage shops too! It's the only city I've ever lived in, but I've always thought this is where I'd like to buy my first house, and the manbeast agrees with me! Thank goodness, since it's looking pretty likely that we'll be buying together in the next two years :)

My little walk took me about half an hour, which I was really happy with, but I was walking pretty slowly so it was a rather low-intensity exercise session. About five minutes in, I started to feel a little light-headed and clammy, kinda like I was getting sick! I think this was partially because I'd taken some pain medication with lunch, and I hadn't had enough water to drink earlier in the day! Hello dehydration! I headed back to meet the manbeast as soon as he was done, and we came straight back home so that I could have a lie down!

That's where I've been for the remainder of the day! Curled up on the couch, watching Dr. Oz, then Rachel Ray, and now Entertainment Tonight! I'm feeling incredibly lazy ;)

But I'm giving myself a 'free pass' of sorts today. Feeling ill means I can't concentrate, so I'm going to take the evening to rest, and feel better again before I jump back into university assignments and learning lines :)

I'm starting to feel a little better now- a little hungry, which is a good sign! I haven't eaten since lunch at 12, and it's 5.30 now, which is absolutely crazy for me! I'm going to make up a berry and spinach smoothie with coconut water and coconut oil, and maybe watch some more trashy t.v ;)

Dinner tonight will be lamb sausages (yes, I know, not exactly 'clean', but they're free range, really lean, and direct from my parents' farm!), with steamed carrots and broccoli, and I'll probably do some mashed potatoes for the manbeast too.

As for tomorrow, it's another day off! Woohoo! I plan for it to be filled with study and assignment writing, and hopefully another walk!

I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow. Until then, take care :)










No comments:

Post a Comment