Friday 24 May 2013

Working Weekend!

My weekend has been incredibly busy so far!

On Friday, it was an early start. I was heading over to my bestie's new house to help her move in :)

I knew I would be in for a few hours of hard work, so I made sure I had a really filling and healthy breakfast which would keep my tummy happy until lunchtime.

Yesterday's choice was a piece of gluten free toast spread with Ceres Organics almond butter (fast becoming a favorite!), and a green 'Hulk' smoothie on the side! I'll post up the recipe for this smoothie soon. Peanut butter lovers, you'll be keen on this! Also anyone who's just starting out with green smoothies :)

After a few hours scrubbing and cleaning (the last tenants left the house in a right state!), we went out for lunch. My lovely bestie shouted lunch for myself and another friend who was helping out :)

I chose a small pack of chicken teriyaki and avocado sushi, and then a mango-ey, citrus-ey smoothie (dairy free! Yay!). The smoothie was absolutely to die for, and I could have drunk much more!

After another half hour or so of cleaning, I had to head off and get ready for work.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Friday night shift. I work from 3.30 until 9.15pm, and it's usually really quiet! Not to mention, it's work on a FRIDAY night. And there's usually a list a mile long of things that my manager wants me to get done! Not all of them are straightforward, either (like last night, I had to pull things down from the ceiling using a massive ladder, but I still nearly fell off once or twice!) However, I do get to work with one of my favorite co-workers, which is always nice :) 

The other reason Fridays are a bit awkward is that I never know what to do about food! Last night, I decided to keep it simple and take a few snacks with me!

Carrot sticks and salsa, and a packet of Sunsweet prunes for a clean sweet treat :) 

I absolutely love those snack packs, they're only 70 calories, and are really sweet and tasty!

This kept me going until I got home after 9.30 and had a sort of 'supper' :) A piece of gluten free toast, with a scraping of peanut butter and a suggestion of strawberry jam, a mandarin, and a Lindt lindor ball- so delicious! I always have a treat on Friday nights, but I'm trying to keep                                                               it portion controlled. Good start, huh? :)

Best of all, last night I came home to a roaring fire, courtesy of the manbeast!




Lucky me :D

It was so cosy, and the best way to warm up after a long day of hard work!


Today has been full-on too! Work from 8.30 until 4.00, a little birthday present shopping, and home again :)

It's the manbeast's Grandad's 80th birthday bash tonight! And I mean bash! He's hired out a local theatre, and has invited around 120 people! He's a musician and a musical director by trade, so he's hosting a concert filled with piano pieces, and a range of singers joining him! Yours truly will be one of them!

I'll be singing 'Yesterday Once More' by the Carpenters, and I'm seriously nervous! It should be really great though! It's such a good song, and the night will be really awesome anyway :)

So I'm off to get ready now! We have to be there in an hour! 

Now, all I need to worry about is whether my dress shows too much cleavage for an 80th birthday party....

Hmm...

Can't ask the manbeast what he thinks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment