Sunday 19 May 2013

Starting like Super Woman!

That's what I like to think, anyhow.

That said, I didn't feel like Super Woman this morning when my alarm went off at 6.00am!

I felt much more like Roll-over-and-go-back-to-sleep Woman ;)

But after my delicious clean eating approved breakfast, I felt ready to take on the day!

I started with a smoothie:

For this smoothie, you'll need: 
  • 2/3 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1 medium banana
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 2 cups coconut water
  • 2 tsp coconut oil
Stick all of the ingredients in a blender, and let it run until everything looks smooth and delicious! 

I put my smoothie in a 'to go' cup today since I was leaving so early to university, and drank it in the car as my lovely boyfriend drove us into town :)

To go along with the smoothie I also had a piece of gluten free toast with 1 tsp of Ceres Organics almond butter 

I ate this first thing this morning: I get nausea sometimes from a medication that I take, and this morning I needed something to distract my stomach, and quickly!

While at uni I had a coffee (a soy latte) with my good friend Claire, which kept me feeling full until I got home  just after 1pm.

Lunch was nothing special, just a scrambled egg with a little olive oil and some steamed carrots and broccoli. I wasn't feeling very creative, but boy did it hit the spot!

About an hour afterwards I had a little snack: 

I absolutely love these things! Just a tiny little serve of cheese (yes, I know it looks big in my hand, but I have child-sized hands :p), with lots of calcium and a bit of protein. It tastes really yummy too :)

Dinner will be a little later tonight, since I'm out at rehearsals for a production of Grease, and my boyfriend is out playing football. Neither of us will be home until after 9.30, and there's no way we'll want to be cooking then!


So I've just spent about 20 minutes getting all of the dinner prep done so that when we get home, all we need to do is throw some things at the oven, and dinner will be ready in no time :)

To start with, I made a roast veggie salad:


For this recipe you'll need:
  • One large kumara (or sweet potato to you lot who live outside of New Zealand :))
  • Three medium potatoes 
  • Three medium tomatoes
  • One medium red onion
  • 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • LOTS of pepper
  • 2-3 tbs of rosemary, depending on how you like it.
Super easy to make: just chop up all of the veggies (wash them first if you need to!), pop onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, and drizzle with the olive oil before sprinkling with rosemary and pepper. Then mix everything together, so that it's nicely coated in the oil and seasonings. When you're ready to cook, pop the tray into an oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30-40 mins. (My oven is ancient, so takes ages! Hopefully yours is faster :p)

This is what you'll end up with after the prep is done: 


I'd just like to point out that making a mess of your stove top, like I did, is optional ;)

To go with this, I'll be having baked salmon with soy sauce and lemon pepper, and my manbeast will be having baked chicken with cumin, rosemary, and paprika. Can't wait!




 So that's my day so far in pictures :)

Food pictures, anyhow!

I'm about to head off for a little walk down the road to post some letters. First exercise in a while asides from dance rehearsals! Yay!

I know I've still got a few hours to go, but I've gotta say, so far I think I've done really well to start cleaning up my act.

Catch y'all tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment